iPod Touch ? & Ram ?

Reaction score
I have an 8gig ipod touch and I have about 7.8 gigs of music on it ... I have soo many albums in iTunes and most of the songs I don't listen to and don't want on my iPod but I want to keep the entire albums in iTunes... How can I remove songs from my ipod but keep them in iTunes?

Also I have a White MacBook 2.4 Core 2 Duo with 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, I want to upgrade to 4GB ... I have worked on pcs before but never on my mb ... What do I need to know about buying ram for it? Does it have to be 667MHz can I get faster as long as its still DDR2 ?

Could someone link me to the appropriate ram?

Thanks !

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You uncheck the songs you don't want in your iTunes library and they won't show up on your iPod when you sync it.

It will downclock the RAM if you do get faster. It's a waste of money, just get the 667 mhz.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Another way is to make up a playlist in iTunes and set the iPod to synch only with that. When you are tired of those songs make another and Synch that. Method i used was to mark all my favourites songs with 4 stars then make a Smart Playlist and only use 4 star songs in it, then set iPhone to synch only with 4 star smart playlist and all i get is my favourites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Unibody, 2.53Ghz, 4GB RAM, 10.5.7
Hey, Just set your iPod to manual sync, so you can drag and drop what you want into it from iTunes, and then delete what you want off you iPod. It won't effect anything you don't touch that way. Hope that makes sense.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Ok good deal, freed up space on my ipod and ordered the ram ... hopefully it gets here soon !

OP
Z
Reaction score
to my amazement my ram arrived in the mail monday when i ordered it on friday with just standard shipping ... and it has made a difference, iWeb is amazingly better! I ran all major apps itunes iweb iphoto imovie aim msn safari mail address book calender and still had about 2 gigs free, now i wasn't actually editing photos/movies/webpages with all of them open but still if i only had 2 gigs like b4 that would take up pretty much all my memory and it would begin to slow down... So if you are thinking of upgrading from 2gigs to 4gigs go ahead and do it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.