Mac Pro Optical Out To Logitech Z-5500 Digital Optical In

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | 2.8 GHz | Quad Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB Flash Drive | 27" TBD
will it work?

Moving from a Dell XPS 600 with an PCI Creative Soundblaster card and looking for a little more info on the Mac Pro sound card.

I know that the optical in/out with the toslink cable will provide the highest quality. Is the Mac Pro sound card able to push this set of speakers? Comparatively like the Soundblaster card I'm currently using.

Waiting for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 graphic card update before purchasing the;
Mac Pro
8 Core
Two 2.26 Processors
12 GB RAM
1 TB HD Bay one
1 TB HD Bay two
two 18x Super Drives
1 30" Display
Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Looking forward to joining the Mac family
Thanks,
bp

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The source (whether a sound card, CD player, DVD player, etc.) has nothing to do with whether you have enough power to "push" a set of speakers. The ampllifier is what drives the speakers and the Z-5500 has it's own amp which is a part of the control center and provides 505 watts per Logitech's overview page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.