QuickSilver G4 2002 video Graphics?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro/OS 10.4.11 @ G4 QuickSilver
QuickSilver G4 Dual 1000 (2002),
Am I crazy, I have been using CS4 photoshop for about a month and a half now and now I get a pop up window when I open up the image files to do editing (that I have edited in already), saying that:

"Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enable document windows."

My CS4 "Preferences/perfomance/GPU Settings" say no GPU available with Photoshop Standard.

I really don't know anything about graphics cards, only that I have not installed an additional one on this machine. But I was editing in this program.

APPLE G4
My Graphics card is "
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX
Bus AGP

It is currently displaying two monitors, and it still is.

My Ram is 1.5 gigs It is maxed out but all has is well
Diagnostics say last run today and Passed.

The only thing in between the time I last was editing in CS4 and now is I had my computer pull and all nighter on HDR image. It did it no complaints. In fact nothing is complaining except i am not able to edit outside of the RAW files editor.

Now I do have CS2 still so I can still do some editing but I want to use the newer tools in CS4.

Is there I way I can found out if there is something that has failed on my video graphics, or is this a photoshop question? Do I have what I need already and now photoshop is not seeing it?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro/OS 10.4.11 @ G4 QuickSilver
Sorry, guess I am crazy

It seems to be working, best I can tell a tool was selected "Rotate View Tool", and that seems to bring up the pop up window. I got the pop up window automatically right out of doing a HDR image and since I did not select it as an option I could not deduce what was going on, and as I opened other images I had worked on I could no longer work them either. Trying to source the problem in PC4 help pushed me farther into OpenGL questions.

If all I am missing out on is that Live Rotate tool, well I not hurting any.

If you know a little bit about video graphic boards and can fill me in a little on the basics of the G4, that would be great just the same.

Thanks for reading this Happy dead end .....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.