• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Well the company my uncle works for was just bought by Intel for something like 880 million. Just got home and had an email from him, he still has no idea what is going to happen to his job.

And here is a quick page on some details on it. Here.
Edit here is a link on wind rivers web page.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm sorry but when I first read this, I thought that your uncle owned the company and it was bought out for 880mil. I was wondering why in the world this would be a problem.

T

todd51

Yea that's always too bad. Hopefully he won't lose his job though! One of my good friends had landed a great job when he graduated college and it paid him really well. He had worked there for about 3 years and they let him go just because they didn't have enough business right now. Now he has to deal with new car payments and still paying off school loans all on his unemployment rates.

If he does lose his job, maybe he'll find something that he likes better? I know that has happened to others that I know. They got laid-off but it was actually a blessing in disguise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.