No Bootable Device

Reaction score
Can someone help me? >.< please guys..

So.. I installed the windows xp and it was working normally, and then I deleted the partition like sometimes in last week. After deleting the the partition, I'm getting this black screen that says no bootable device--please insert boot disk and press anykey. It stucks there. Well, i still can access my mac by holding the opt key after the white "welcome" screen.

I hope someone actually send replies to this thread, since this thread's age is so old. :(

Well, im a new member here. I did find a thread about no bootable device, but I think the thread is died :Grimmace: so I made this new one.:Oops:

So... I installed windows xp and it worked perfectly. One day I erase the partition (windows partition) from macbook side by bootcamp software. Now, everytime I restart the macbook, the black screen that says no bootable device always comes up. Well, good things I still can access my mac by holding the opt key after the white "welcome" screen.

Can anyone kindly help me? :Shouting:
I'm a new mac-user O:)
I dont know a lot about mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.