apple in ear headphones - yay or nay??

A

adamxj2

I noticed my stock iPod headphones started sounding weird the right speaker sounded like it was blown
So I bought the in ear ones
They work alot better when the nipple thing is bigger
I was jamming the smaller one too far in my ear i think?
They almost make my brain hurt
Any one feel the same or have some suggestions
I love my iPod more than my my wife(jk)
I really dont want black wires from some cheap replacement head phones
I like the white reminds me i am using an apple product
I really should seek an apple oriented 12 step program I am an ADDICT

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
adamxj2 said:

For some reason, I can't stop laughing at your post. I don't know why. :cool:

OP
C

crisrose

i got these, 100% recommended

MDR-EX71SL White

sony_mdr-ex71sl_white_kit.jpg

they come with different sized silicon plugs - i have different sized ears it would seem, and using a medium and a large, i get perfect fit.

SO much better. Get them.

OP
J

Jason

crisrose said:
i got these, 100% recommended

MDR-EX71SL White

sony_mdr-ex71sl_white_kit.jpg

they come with different sized silicon plugs - i have different sized ears it would seem, and using a medium and a large, i get perfect fit.

SO much better. Get them.
I have those too, and love them.

OP
I

iDVFH.

adamxj2 said:
I noticed my stock iPod headphones started sounding weird the right speaker sounded like it was blown
So I bought the in ear ones
They almost make my brain hurt
Any one feel the same or have some suggestions
I love my iPod more than my my wife(jk)
I really dont want black wires from some cheap replacement head phones
I like the white reminds me i am using an apple product
I really should seek an apple oriented 12 step program I am an ADDICT

the reason they blew is because you probably listen to the music really loud for hours a day..happened to me and it sucked..the in-ear ones work great! and they stay in your ear more snuggly for a better fit

OP
A

adamxj2

i bought the in ear jammys and to be honest I am very dissapointed
I jam them all the way in my ear move around a bit and they fall right out
So I bought 9 dolar pair of sonys .If they break so what I will get maore
If any one wants to buy the in ear ones from me I am selling them.
I sterilized them with alchohol. I just cant find discreet headphones that stay in my ear!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
yea whats with that crap that apple used to have nice headphones with their ipods, but now they are peicesd of junk!
ibooks rule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
the Sonys sound pretty good

The only problem I have with them is how the cord comes up from the iPod. Makes it feel like one side is pulling more than the other. Especially when you use the extension cord that comes with them. When I use them on my shuffle they are way more comfortable if you wear your shuffle on your neck. The sound is good though nice bass response.

DSCF0915.JPG

OP
V

VictoryRose

fyrman22 said:
The only problem I have with them is how the cord comes up from the iPod. Makes it feel like one side is pulling more than the other. Especially when you use the extension cord that comes with them. When I use them on my shuffle they are way more comfortable if you wear your shuffle on your neck. The sound is good though nice bass response.

i had in-ear sonys that are black and just like the white ones posted hear, then i bought the apple in-ears...both come with different size silicon plugs, the sony's i have didn't come with a case, just a little snap thing for the earpieces, but i think the white sony's come with a case...i LOVE the case apple gives you for their in-ears..for me, they are pretty much the same, the apple one's look cooler i think..and i had problems with the silicon things falling off of the headphones with the sony's...the apple ones seem to "lock" or something...

OP
J

Jefe3223

Side Story: The magnet in the standard ipod earphones are pretty strong (IMO) and I was walking to class one day...they were doing construction work across the street and on the power. I walked under some powerlines and BAM! A little shock in my ear. It was enough to scare the heck out of me. Crazy, right? Later that week, AHH! again. It was so funny, the second time, 'cause I freaked out and slapped my ear when it happened. Everyone looked at me like i was psycho and I just burst out laughing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Jefe3223 said:
Side Story: The magnet in the standard ipod earphones are pretty strong (IMO) and I was walking to class one day...they were doing construction work across the street and on the power. I walked under some powerlines and BAM! A little shock in my ear. It was enough to scare the heck out of me. Crazy, right? Later that week, AHH! again. It was so funny, the second time, 'cause I freaked out and slapped my ear when it happened. Everyone looked at me like i was psycho and I just burst out laughing.

lol thats awesome...

OP
W

winwingogo

Jefe3223 said:

I'm using my iPod mini for over a year. I encounter the same problem when I use it on the train and in the gym, starting from March. The weird sound makes me crazy. I tried different headphones in different areas. Sometimes it happens and sometimes doesn't. That really **** me off. I though it was because of the hard disk. Then I though it's because of the "iPod updater". Is there any chance that it's caused by the new software??

Is there anyone has reporter this to "Apple"?

Can we change the harddisk by ourselves?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.