Will there ever be a version of Reason for iPhone/iPod Touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
An increasing amount of music making apps are coming out/being developed for apples portables, but do you think Reason will ever come out on iPhone? (I had a little play with photoshop as well :Smirk: )

Mike

iReason.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
An increasing amount of music making apps are coming out/being developed for apples portables,
They aren't being developed specifically for portable computers, they are developed for Macs in general. Yes, they happen to run on the notebooks, but they aren't being made just for them.
but do you think Reason will ever come out on iPhone?
No, because it simply wouldn't be practical. The size is too small and the lack of USB connections make it a poor choice for such an app.

A notebook, while portable, is still a comfortable size to work with and has the processing power and RAM capability necessary to run music making apps.
An iPhone/iPod simply wouldn't be able to handle a processor/RAM intensive load like that.

OP
mikey.b@gmx.com
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
They aren't being developed specifically for portable computers, they are developed for Macs in general. Yes, they happen to run on the notebooks, but they aren't being made just for them.

No, because it simply wouldn't be practical. The size is too small and the lack of USB connections make it a poor choice for such an app.

A notebook, while portable, is still a comfortable size to work with and has the processing power and RAM capability necessary to run music making apps.
An iPhone/iPod simply wouldn't be able to handle a processor/RAM intensive load like that.

My mistake, I meant iPhone/iPod Touch rather than notebooks, and fair point.

Reaction score
I have actually thought the same, it could work as a plug in module where you could rotate knobs etc, but as a fully fledged Reason I think it would be just to complicated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Excuse me if this sounds mean but that would be the worst piece of software to port to the iPhone/iTouch (along with Flash). How practical would that be on a screen of that size?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.