The device failed to celebrate the laser power

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As it is indicated on the title, I am trying to burn an ISO image (2,6 gb) to a blank DVD-R and this is the first time I got this error message "the device failed to celebrate the laser power" since I use my MBP.

This is the full error message:
Unable to burn" my ISO file". (The device failed to celebrate the laser power level for this

After this fail, I tried another way with a blank double layer DVD+R and I got the same error message. Keep patience, I try to burn on my PC with same ISO image and the bank DVD and it worked.

Furthermore, I tried to plug my external Plextor dvd burner to my MBP to burn the image and it also worked perfect. Even through I got the job done but still feeling **** off my MBP, I take another blank DVD (same kind of the one I just burnt) and burn it on my wife iMac and it is also successfully.

Well, I am thinking if is it because of my Disc burning stop working on dvd due to the hardware problem? Is there any suggestion I should do or try before I call apple or bring to the apple store.

My MBP will be 2 years old this September and I do have apple care. Thanks for reading my thread and I appreciated with any of your suggestions.

Regards,

SG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Usually a dirty drive ~ compressed air cleaner or a commercial cleaner disk will fix it.
Have seen the same message on an iBook and an older MBP.
S.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.