Unable to activate port xxx

Reaction score
First of all hello to everybody in this community.

I am relatively new to Mac development, thus forgive me some lamness (I'm not new to Unix, however).

I am having a hard time trying to compiling anything using MacPorts as I am getting the infamous "Unable to activate port xxx" with each and every package that I try to install.

I do know that I can force the activation with the -f flag and I have read that the reason for that is that some packages (or the whole MacPorts package) was already installed... I did try removing the whole /opt/local hierarchy, reinstalling Xcode and the macports package, but the problem still persists.

My question is obvious:
Is there a way to get rid of this annoyance?

I am not afraid of deinstalling the whole stuff again, but there is surely proper way of doing it and make a clean install...

Or is there a way to just force everything to be activated ? (I have tried the -f install option but it doesn't seem to work).

Thanks.

OP
E
Reaction score
Correction:

Code:
sudo port -c -f install whatever

Works like a charm !!!!

Sorry for spamming, but my "crappy" solution may be helful for others ^^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.