iPhone and iTunes

Reaction score
So, I am hoping to get my MB in a few days, Right now I am syncing my iPhone with my Windows desktop, but it gets to be a pain cause I like to format every 6months, I know that iTunes runs alot faster on a mac then on windows, so what you guys think should I change and sync with my MB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Reformatting a Windows PC every 6 months is a little excessive, but thats just my opinion.

Anywho, it doesn't really matter which machine you sync it on, it will do the same thing in the end. I personally sync to a Mac, so does my wife, but my parents use a PC.

iTunes on my Dell E6500 runs just as fast as my iTunes on my MB or MBP, hardly a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Reformatting your HD every 6 months is excessive and if you have to do it then your HD is on the way out.

I'd suggest that if you are going to be putting most of your music, videos, pictures, calendars and contact information on your MB then use that to sync your iPhone with as it will be the one with the most up to date information on.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Doesnt really mean that your Hard Drive is on the way out doesnt affect ur drive. I just like to run a clean lean windows system. Call it OCD I guess, its usually not ever six months but most times it is, if its not every 6 months its at least once a year. But most of my music and pictures etc.. I keep on an secondary internal drive and a external drive as backup
but thats just me..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Doesnt really mean that your Hard Drive is on the way out doesnt affect ur drive.

Yea it does...reformatting puts extra strain on a HD (which is your drive) because you're clearing all the data and file system on it and then putting back on a file system.

It's perfectly fine to reformat when your PC is getting slower but only as a last resort or when something has gone terribly wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.