Imac Keyboard/Remote not working for any Functions..

Reaction score
Hi
Recently posted a thread about my imac remote and keyboard not working..

I have realised that not only is the mac keyboard/remote not working for skipping tracks or volume but no functions part from play/pause are working on the key board.

The keyboard is working fine apart from, brightness control, skip track buttons and volume, also my remote isnt working.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? is my keyboard knackered? Please reply here as im really struggling without these functions,

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
have you gone to system preferences> keyboard and mouse > keyboard and messed around with the "Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys"? if you have then you have to hit the function key to get things like brightness to work.

for the remote go to system preferences > Security and check if you have the "Disable remote control infrared receiver" unchecked and that it is paired if for some reason it needs to be

OP
T
Reaction score
I havent changed any of them, also i am running my imac on vist ultimate so how i change settings may not be the same... Any other good advice guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
I havent changed any of them, also i am running my imac on vist ultimate so how i change settings may not be the same... Any other good advice guys?

you are looking for how to fix these things with an iMac running Vista not OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well getting past the horrid OS that Vista is (i am not a windows hater) but just strongly prefer Windows 7 or XP i am now confused about your question.

you want the remote to do things running in Vista via bootcamp? Not sure what it can do in Vista without some third party software like EventGhost since Vista wouldnt know what to do with the remote signals out of the box.

as far as the function keys etc.. you should take a look at Keyboard Mapping on Apple's site.

OP
T
Reaction score
It has all worked before, but suddennly stopped working

The remote and them functions both worked

could it be anything to do with me stopping the bootcamp running automatically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would assume that boot camp would need to be running in order for those things to work. i rarely ever need my boot camp and use my windows inside OS X with vmware fusion.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem...my remote was working fine in bootcamp on my Imac and windows xp operating system; now it's not working but will work on my adjacent macbook...does anyone have the fix? When I hit the menu key on the remote Itunes pops up but still no volume control...looked in security settings...it's fine...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.