Exclude from shuffle play

Reaction score
I would like to put two CDs onto my iPod that contain guitar lessons, as they would be much easier to use than form a CD player. My question is I mostly use my iPod in Shuffle mode when playing music. Is there a way of excluding the guitar lessons when using shuffle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I think the only way would be to make separate playlists for the lessons and the rest of your music, and then just select the music one to shuffle.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: This applies to the latest version of iTunes, earlier versions may differ (although this has been an option for some time now)

Import the 2 CDs. Highlight the tracks, right click and click "Get Info". In the Get Info page, go to the Options tab. In the Options tab, there is a checkbox that reads "Skip when shuffling". Check that box and set the field to "Yes".

That's all you have to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.