User accounts icon is missing from system preferences app

Reaction score
I have been a Mac user for quite some time and I have not posted here before since I have not had any issues with my lovely mac until now. I have not made any recent changes to my OS, and have not really fiddled with anything, but I noticed that when I open the system preferences the user accounts icon is missing. I have tried a fix that I found in a thread from 2007,
Firstly, close System Prefs and then navigate to:

Home folder > Library > Caches.

Find the following files:

com.apple.preferencepanes.cache
com.apple.preferencepanes.searchindexcache

and delete them.

Empty your Trash then re-open System Preferences and see if the User Account icon has returned.

I am unhappy to say that this did not work :Angry-Tongue:. I also tried accessing Account preferences from "help" but all I get is an error message that it cannot be opened because it is disabled or uninstalled :| . I am not sure what else to do and since I am not an expert on using terminal, etc. I did not want to mess with anything like that until I hopefully find someone who can help me with this. Any information and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.