The thing that is making me switch

C

chance

Not to clog up your thread but I just had to say this.

If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out a complicated task and then worry about messing something up. I just want a computer that is strait forward and rock solid. And people wonder why people LOVE apple so much. This forum changed my mind about apple, but it was too late. I am stuck with 2 new laptops (not apple) and feeling very sad :(

I wont make the same mistake again. I'm getting an Apple!!

Reaction score
I think you will be more than happy if you get an apple, just don't expect perfection. There is no such thing as a computer that doesn't have problems.

I think you will find less problems with the apple over a pc, and the os is quite stable, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can't crash it, believe me it can be done. Ease of use and stability are two of apples selling points.

OP
C

chance

Thanks for the reply. I may have misspoke when I said 0 problems. I don't expect a perfect laptop. However like you said the os is much more stabile than windows. In my opinion that's an easy choice.

OP
T

Thud

chance said:
If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use.

That depends on what PC forums you go to... this forum is called "Switcher Hangout" so you wouldn't expect to find many problems.

If you are a PC owner, you tend to "hang out" in forums that are unrelated to PC's, and then only go to PC and Windows forums when you actually need help. Hence most posts in PC forums are from people needing help.
Mac users like to "hang out" in mac forums because it's a smaller niche group, almost like a club. But there are plenty of posts about mac problems if you go to the right forums.

I've been posting my own issues over at another PC hardware forum, but they are mainly issues about overclocking. Overclockers are sort of in their own little club too-- how fast can you push your system and keep it stable? That kind of thing. The PC users that just "hang out" in forums are the ones that are really into case modding, overclocking, etc and want to show off their rigs.

OP
F

falltime

Thud said:
That depends on what PC forums you go to... this forum is called "Switcher Hangout" so you wouldn't expect to find many problems.

If you are a PC owner, you tend to "hang out" in forums that are unrelated to PC's, and then only go to PC and Windows forums when you actually need help. Hence most posts in PC forums are from people needing help.
Mac users like to "hang out" in mac forums because it's a smaller niche group, almost like a club. But there are plenty of posts about mac problems if you go to the right forums.

I've been posting my own issues over at another PC hardware forum, but they are mainly issues about overclocking. Overclockers are sort of in their own little club too-- how fast can you push your system and keep it stable? That kind of thing. The PC users that just "hang out" in forums are the ones that are really into case modding, overclocking, etc and want to show off their rigs.

Agreed.

Also keep in mind that there are millions of different components that can be used to build a PC. This logically increases of the odds of a user having issues - most of which can't be directly attributed to Windows but often are by misinformed, inexperienced users or staunch (and ignorant), anti-Microsoft activists.

I wouldn't be crazy to say Apple has it a "little" easier ;) - their OS operates on a closed platform with a user base millions of times smaller than Microsofts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs yet
chance said:
Not to clog up your thread but I just had to say this.

If you notice in the pc forums, it is full of nothing but problems people are experiencing with windows, hardware, and sofware. In here it seems like everyone is nice, and the majority of the things are just questions, not problems. That's really nice!! I want a laptop that gives my 0 problems that's easy to use. I don't want to spend an hour trying to figure out a complicated task and then worry about messing something up. I just want a computer that is strait forward and rock solid. And people wonder why people LOVE apple so much. This forum changed my mind about apple, but it was too late. I am stuck with 2 new laptops (not apple) and feeling very sad :(

I wont make the same mistake again. I'm getting an Apple!!

You're lame

OP
J

jessica

245_Trioxin said:
You're lame

And you're a huge *******...without a cause.

Seriously, most people are nice. There are some that are tards, but for the most part I've found many people to be very helpful and resourceful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.