HardDrive upgrade

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a easy question. I want to replace my HH in my laptop from a 12g to a 40g drive. Now the 40g drive has not been formatted for mac. Now I installed the drive and that is as far as I get. Does anyone know how to format the drive in the laptop. Is there any special key that need to be press at the time of bootup. I currently left PC to Mac's so be easy on me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ok, you need to format the drive first, if you can insert it, boot from os x install disc 1 and reformat using disc utility, then restart, booting from the cd again, and install os x.

OP
Reflow
Reaction score
Macman said:
ok, you need to format the drive first, if you can insert it, boot from os x install disc 1 and reformat using disc utility, then restart, booting from the cd again, and install os x.

Thanks, Macman for all your help. I didn't know that you can click on installer and get into the disk utility to format the drive. Works like a charm now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
great, if you need any more helkp, or have any questions, come back and post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.