Need some opinions on my music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Hey guys,
If you any of you guys have a couple minutes, or are just plain bored, I recorded and posted a couple of my songs online -
The Sight of Sane on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
I played/recorded everything, except the vocals- my friend sang because I can't :eek:
Everything was recorded on my MBP on garageband '08. The first song is mixed a lot better than the second.

Let me know your opinions, and thank you for dedicating your time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4Gb Ram, 2008 white
Sounds not too bad. I did notice some difference between the mixing in the 1st vs 2nd songs. I haven't experimented too much with recording, but from a listening perspective the drums could be brought out a tad more, and maybe some more bass (if you have a bass guitar?)—don't kill it with bass though, good when used wisely!

-Happy trails! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Singing:
The switching between screaming and normal tone is not going well with me. I personally think it would be better to switch to a different tone for a certain part of a song. For example, the vocals in the song Botnus AFTER the solo really show what I am talking about.

What I REALLY like about the singing is it doesn't sound like Fall Out Boy and similar sounding bands. I listened to it and thought "something different. I LIKE IT". So A++++ with that.

Guitars
It's hard to hear the riffs for me, maybe turn it up? ;D

Good luck finding a second guitarist!!

Drums
Louder!!!!!

Bass Guitar
Reading, seems you are looking for a bass guitarist. Good luck with that, too! It will add depth to the music

Overall:
All you need is a second guitarist and a bass guitarist, and higher volumes. Work with the singing a bit, and it should be AWESOME.

--

Good luck with your playing and ROCK ON \m/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.