Ordered ibook last night

Reaction score
Sunday 9:40 PM EST the submit order button was placed. I got a email saying my order should be shipped thursday *blah* :eek:neye: but that was estimated and Im hoping its shipped sooner. I can not wait ! I will have to upgrade my ram thats for sure but at a later time, right now im lucky to be able to even order a ibook. I got it for $800 new :) :mac:

anyone want to help me get a list together for must have software ??

open office is the only one i know of...

K

Kokopelli

I would get NeoOffice instead of OpenOffice. (It is a Mac port of Open Office.)

QuickSilver makes my short list. It is a little hard to explain, here is a good explanation for why I like it.

Other than that you might take a look around VersionTracker. SubEthaEdit is nice, VoodooPad for quick note taking, AdiumX for instant messaging, vlc/mplayer for video playback.

A

amartins02

Hey, that quicksilver looks kind of cool. Is it like a replacement for the dock? I see they have different plugins. so would an AIM plugin take the place of the dock AIM plugin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Kokopelli said:
SubEthaEdit is nice

Yes, if you write your own code this is a great free program (for personal use) for that. I wrote my website in it using html with css. not bad and it color codes the coding.

OP
J
Reaction score
im still waiting *sign* I guess I cant join apple club till then, once im in I promise not to talk about apple club!

M

MichaelSullivan

My PB order was placed on 3/02 at 3:15pm and it shipped on 3/05... few days early. Its just landed in KY, USA... so I *might have it by saturday if I'm lucky. I know that some users have had their ship dates pushed back a week or two. Details below:

Package Progress:

Date/Time Location Activity

Mar 9, 2005 11:30 A.M.....LOUISVILLE, KY, US.....IMPORT SCAN
Mar 6, 2005 9:14 P.M.......SHANGHAI, CN............DEPARTURE SCAN
.................1:12 P.M.......SHANGHAI, CN............ORIGIN SCAN
Mar 5, 2005 9:15 A.M.......SHANGHAI, CN............ORIGIN SCAN
.................5:21 A.M......................CN.............BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

OP
J
Reaction score
MichaelSullivan said:
My PB order was placed on 3/02 at 3:15pm and it shipped on 3/05... few days early. Its just landed in KY, USA... so I *might have it by saturday if I'm lucky. I know that some users have had their ship dates pushed back a week or two. Details below:

Package Progress:

Date/Time Location Activity

Mar 9, 2005 11:30 A.M.....LOUISVILLE, KY, US.....IMPORT SCAN
Mar 6, 2005 9:14 P.M.......SHANGHAI, CN............DEPARTURE SCAN
.................1:12 P.M.......SHANGHAI, CN............ORIGIN SCAN
Mar 5, 2005 9:15 A.M.......SHANGHAI, CN............ORIGIN SCAN
.................5:21 A.M......................CN.............BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I didnt order from apple I ordered from microcenter.com, I called them yesterday and they told me they have plenty of ibook 12" in so i better get it soon ;) and your avatar is spooky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.