• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Toast 10 Titanium error on MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I get the following error message when trying to burn a CD/DVD once it has finalized the video conversion from .AVI or music format:

The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Try different DVD discs, some cheap/el-crapo ones can cause that error to be thrown.

Also check that you have buffer underrun protection enabled.

You can also try forcing it to burn at a slower speed (possible it's trying to burn the disc too fast)

here's a long thread on the topic that might also give you some things to try...

Sense Key = Medium Error sense Code = 0x73, 0x03 in Toast - VideoHelp.com

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Thanks for that info. I looked into it and tried slowing the burn speed down but with no luck. Still the same error. I tried getting another version of Roxio Toast 10 but same deal. Only thing left I guess is to get a CD-drive cleaner disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
It'll be the discs or the burner, but normally the discs as was said.
Toast will not be the problem.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I have tried several different discs, all the same brand (Verbatim) which I have had zero problems with in the past. It is encoding/burning now through iDVD, so I guess I will see what happens in a few minutes...

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
It has to be a video problem, I was able to burn a data DVD using Toast and it worked just fine.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Well it is working now but I can only burn at a max of 2x for video. What gives?!

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
After running some diagnostics w/ Apple tech support it's come to be that my laser is defunct for whatever reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.