OS X User Accounts

J

jeffshen

Is there any way in Mac OS 10.3.4 to hide a few users from the login screen? At the moment, I have more than 15 people on the login screen, which leaves it very cluttered. I have seen on one that there is a "Other's" button. How do I do this?

Thanks

Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well you can either view the login screen as a list of users, or the standard way.

To change that option go to system preferences-> accounts-> login options

I'm guessing the 'Others' field you saw was a login account for guests and other users who don't need a dedicated personal account... so instead of the account being called 'Jim' or 'Guest' it was just called 'Others'...

I could be wrong though :)

Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Well you can either view the login screen as a list of users, or the standard way.

To change that option go to system preferences-> accounts-> login options

I'm guessing the 'Others' field you saw was a login account for guests and other users who don't need a dedicated personal account... so instead of the account being called 'Jim' or 'Guest' it was just called 'Others'...

I could be wrong though :)

I think he means that there was a button that said Others as another group, or list of people to log on. Just like splitting the users up in groups? i also might be wrong... ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.