Safari youtube issue

Reaction score
Do you guys ever find that in Safari when watching youtube videos then pressing on the HQ or HD button that 75% of the time the video won't load or start? refreshing the page a few times usually gets the HQ or HD video to play or just watching in in low res will work. I will prob just switch to Google chrome but just wondering if anyone has ran into this? thanks everyone

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Google Chrome has yet to have a release for OS X so that might be kind of hard ;). If you're talking about the nightlies, I wouldn't recommend using it full time as you will be greatly disappointed at the lack of features in the Mac build thus far.

Does this problem only happen with Safari? What about Firefox? I don't seem to have this problem myself.

OP
L
Reaction score
Oh i thought google chrome was released for osx lol woops. I will try Firefox and see i'm assuming it will work. It's a new Mac and has been happening since the beginning. I also find some pages when searching in google for example don't load. Oh well back to faithful Firefox.

OP
L
Reaction score
So I tried mozilla thinking this will for sure fix the issue but it didn't make a difference. The first thing I installed was connect360 and DIVX pack for mac OSX. I uninstalled that rebooted still happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.