Safari pop up message

Reaction score
Just got my first imac and have a question. When I try to go back to a previous page, I get the following message and have to click cancel or OK/SEND, in fact it pops up twice each time;

"Are you sure you want to send a form again?"

It's very annoying, any way to stop it?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It only does it when you have submitted a form on the previous page - like placing an order, add to shopping cart, etc.

Although I don't do it that often, I do it often enough also, and you're right... it is extremely annoying - especially the TWICE part of it.

I don't know how to turn it off either, so anyone else?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't know of a way to turn it off and can't find anything from some quick research. All I have seen is equally frustrated people and no solutions. It looks as if you're stuck with it. The solutions I have seen include using other browsers mostly (not very helpful).

It is a security feature and as such, it probably won't be going anywhere. You might just have to bear through this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.