• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iBook upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.16Ghz, 1GB ram
Hey does anyone have an idea when the iBook will recieve a boost? I think it shuold be sometime soon....atleast I hope it will. My ti powerbook was stolen from my car. Someone broke my car window and stole my bag. :-( So I think im going to go for an ibook now. But if the upgrade is going to be long then I wont wait. Please help. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There have been no rumors or announcements of anything to do with upgrades to the iBooks since their last update

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:eek:neye: so what do you guys suggest? Should I wait or no? The last iBook upgrade was on October 19, 2004. The macrumours buyers guide says that it is approaching the end of a cycle and the upgrade should be soon. http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Let me know if you have any additional information. Thanks guys

C

code777

I'd just get it, i just bought a new iMac G5 but there were rumors about an upgrade on that but from various sources its highly unlikely it will receive a boost. Same goes with the iBook. I'd just get it now and have your fun! But just remember, anything can happen...

edit--- ohhh and sorry for your loss, just take it as a learning experience. KEEP EVERYTHING OUT OF VIEW in your car. Don't leave anything on the seats. My friend got his Sony VAIO stolen from his BMW! Of all cars... He was a mess, not only did his auto insurance drop him but he couldn't even get the insurance money for his laptop claim. But he kinda deserved it because he left his VAIO on the passenger seat in plain view. It happened at around 430PM in daylight so... the feral beings used a brick wrapped in tinfoil to bust out the window. The alarm didn't do much good cause no one saw nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ouch,

I'm guessing the iBooks will get a speed bump end of april again.. might be worth holding out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You.... must... buy.... now..... you.... must... buy.... now....

:)

I

iDVFH.

Unless you really need that extra speed boost, just get it now..there's really nothing they can change unless they changed the Powerbooks too and they just upgraded them..as for the design of it..what could they really do to it..it's the signature white and unless there going to debut a "triangle" shaped laptop it'll still be square :black:

OP
iaminvincible
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DV'SiBOOKG4 said:
Unless you really need that extra speed boost, just get it now..there's really nothing they can change unless they changed the Powerbooks too and they just upgraded them..as for the design of it..what could they really do to it..it's the signature white and unless there going to debut a "triangle" shaped laptop it'll still be square :black:

Actually they might change quite a few things in addition to the speed bump. I think they will add the new scroll trackpad and the backlit keyboard to the new ibooks. Also, hopefully they might even include the motion sensor for the hard drive that is included in the new powerbooks. Of course I am not sure of this but if the next upgrade is going to be in April sometime, I think I can wait till then. Thank you for your condolonces everyone. :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.