Fresh Install

Reaction score
This is my first time on the forums so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or if this has already been posted.
I just bought a refurbished MacBook off the Apple store and I was wondering if when I get it I should do a fresh install to delete languages, printer drivers, and other things I don't need. I heard other people do this but I was just wondering if it is necessary or if there is a way to manually delete these things without re-installing the software. Also, is it easy to do?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For the languages, install Monolingual and use that to delete extra languages. As for printer drivers, they are located at /Library/Printers. You might find this interesting to read.

I've removed both printer drivers and languages with Monolingual (read the instructions/README first) and everything went smoothly but it is always good to do a backup of your data first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.