Samsung blue ray dvd player won't connect to Airport express

Reaction score
Was able to connect Samsung blue ray dvd player 3600 to wifi ONLY if I changed security to NONE on the Airport Express. Would rather have a secure wifi connection!
I have tried numerous suggestions found on other forums as this is apparently a problem for many. Nothing has worked so far, except to remove all security. I would be so happy for help with this as I am now at a loss!
thanks!

Reaction score
too bad you don't have an extreme. You could set it up where you can have your secure wifi/file share, and a connection that does almost nothing and would probably allow your player to connect.

Reaction score
Airport to Samsung -- yes -- but now 2 G4s not communicating

Doppler808 or anyone,

Any thoughts on this?

We linked Airport Extreme Base Station (AEBS) (connected to the Internet via a cable modem in our office) into our Samsung Blueray 3600 (in our living room). It's terrific. We can download and stream from Netflix, Pandora, etc.

Unexpected consequence, though, to the AEBS wireless network:

BEFORE we linked the Blueray player ... we had an iMac G4 and a Powerbook G4 on the AEBS wireless network and able to connect directly to each other via this network.

However, now the iMac G4 and PowerBook G4 do not connect (eg, no file sharing, etc.).

We've hit a wall, I think.

Thanks for any time and considerations you can give to this.

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24, Time Capsule, iTouch 32
My 3600 arrived today. I have an iMac and a Time Capsule. I found out that if I select my MAC address instead of entering my network name, there are some other options. I fired up AirPort utility and told it that I wanted to add a wireless client. I tried the PIN option, where the 3600 displayed a PIN which I then entered on the iMac. No luck.

The solution was to tell AirPort to allow the first user who tried to access the router to get in. That worked, and now I'm listening to Pandora.

OP
C
Reaction score
this worked for me!

My 3600 arrived today. I have an iMac and a Time Capsule. I found out that if I select my MAC address instead of entering my network name, there are some other options. I fired up AirPort utility and told it that I wanted to add a wireless client. I tried the PIN option, where the 3600 displayed a PIN which I then entered on the iMac. No luck.

The solution was to tell AirPort to allow the first user who tried to access the router to get in. That worked, and now I'm listening to Pandora.

I tried the "add a wireless client" and allowing the first user who tried to access the router. This worked for me too! Thank you so much for the fix pferd. I really appreciate it.

OP
C
Reaction score
this worked for me!

Was able to connect Samsung blue ray dvd player 3600 to wifi ONLY if I changed security to NONE on the Airport Express. Would rather have a secure wifi connection!
I have tried numerous suggestions found on other forums as this is apparently a problem for many. Nothing has worked so far, except to remove all security. I would be so happy for help with this as I am now at a loss!
thanks!

:) I followed the suggestion of pferd and was able to connect to Netflix and Pandora with the security intact. Here's what I did (thanks to pferd): Open Airport Utilities, in menu bar select "base station", "add a wireless client", "allow client by first attempt".
Thanks so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.