Your guesses to Mini Gaming options....(Im a FNG)

G

Gauvain

Hello oh knowledgeable ones,

I am looking to see what games might be able to play on the mini. I am thinking maybe age of mythology (is it out for MAC yet?) AOE2, things like this...basicallly time consuming games not necessarily heavy graphics hitters like i play on my pc(which i a am leaving for good i think) such as BF1942, BFV...What games have been played on a similar MAC system with only 32mb of video ram (G4 1.42)? I will also be upgrading to a gig stick soon.

If that info helps.

Thanks a whole lot guys and gals!

Robert

Reaction score
Do you know any place to download demos of games for mac? I would like to try more games but I don't want to pay for them only to have them not work well. I have tried World of Warcraft, I wasn't impressed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
^You should be able to run AOE(which has been out for awhile) in 1024x768 res no prob.
The extra ram will help. Warcraft 3 will run fine, Command and Conquer Generals will be sluggish.

OP
E

EvoMac

I play World of Warcraft on my mini (as a backup machine) with 1gb of RAM and it runs quite well. I also have AoMythology and play it at 1280 resolution and it runs perfect.

OP
R

repeater75

You should go download the Aspyr Media hardware testing client. That thing will check your system against their database to tell you which of their games will run on your mac. I emailed someone there and they told me they have tested BF1942 on the mini and it ran decently.

I would not hesitate to tell you that non-3d games will run generally without any problems. Its the hardware T&L, pixel & vertex shaders and texture memory that are required by intensive 3d games that the mini is not quite up to. Many games will play nicely with extra effects turned down. Heck, its really a great opportunity to "rediscover" some of the classics from the late 90's that you may still have collecting dust on your shelf (like Starcraft! My favorite!). As long as you can play Starcraft or Quake on it, I'm there! And the mini can do both!

OP
G

Gauvain

thanks so much guys!

This is cool, I am getting away from all of the gaming in my life..time to move on. but its nice to have a AOM laying around to play or yes, even those older games too...maybe even cheaper to buy them also. Anyone know of a good shopping place for such software?

Robert

OP
N

najibs

Try a flight simulator called X-Plane www.x-plane.com
As a licensed pilot, I'll tell ya that the flight dynamics are incredibly real. You can download the full demo that after 6 minutes shuts the joystick off. Oh yeah, dont try flying without a joystick or gamepad...the keyboard just doesnt cut it...it's impossible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.