Wifi stability + 10.5.7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing any wifi stability issues after upgrading to 10.5.7? I had just gotten this mini yesterday and am in the process of setting it up to bring to work tomorrow. Everything has been going great up until I got 10.5.7 installed - the install appeared to go ok, and it rebooted like it should, but since then it seems that I'm having trouble being connected / downloading across my wifi.

I noticed this because I had to install an update for Final cut express (120 ish megs) after finishing my OS update. I had to restart the download for the update about 10 times to get it downloaded. Each time it seems I had lost wifi connection. I had downloaded several hundred megabytes before with the other updates prior to installing 10.5.7...

I used my downloaded 10.5.7 update file as opposed to downloading it through software update (since I already had it, didn't see a point in waiting for 400 megs to download).

I have checked my permissions and done a repair. Everything on the computer appears to be acting normal, I just don't know why the wifi got hinky after 10.5.7.

ps - if a moderator reads this and feels it is better suited in the software OS forum, please feel free to move it - when I first posted it I was thinking of my mini, then now thinking about it - as it is something that *could* be on any platform with 10.5.7 instead of just the mini it might better fit in the OS forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.