Need advice (new laser printer)

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need some advice from everyone here. I currently own a Brother MFC 9440CN color laser printer. Now let me state that I love the build quality and over functionality of this MFC but after a year I have decided it was the wrong call for my needs. Essentially, my GF and I only print in black for 95% of the workload we have and do not like the idea of buying 80$ cartridges for color (even though it's rated for 5k copies). Also this model has a pretty high maintenance requirement which is honestly too much for our budget. Don't get me wrong, if we did have the dough, I have no doubt this printer will last for years to come.

Here's the dilemma. What should we do now. We still need a MFC but we want to go with a B/W version. Any suggestions. Currently, the one I am looking at is a Samsung SCX 4826 or 4828. Does everything the brother does but add duplexing capability. Has anyone heard of Samsung Printer products and their compatibility with Mac computers.

Am I making the right call?

Thanks

John

OP
D
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need some advice from everyone here. I currently own a Brother MFC 9440CN color laser printer. Now let me state that I love the build quality and over functionality of this MFC but after a year I have decided it was the wrong call for my needs. Essentially, my GF and I only print in black for 95% of the workload we have and do not like the idea of buying 80$ cartridges for color (even though it's rated for 5k copies). Also this model has a pretty high maintenance requirement which is honestly too much for our budget. Don't get me wrong, if we did have the dough, I have no doubt this printer will last for years to come.

Here's the dilemma. What should we do now. We still need a MFC but we want to go with a B/W version. Any suggestions. Currently, the one I am looking at is a Samsung SCX 4826 or 4828. Does everything the brother does but add duplexing capability. Has anyone heard of Samsung Printer products and their compatibility with Mac computers.

Am I making the right call?

If I do end up selling the Brother, what or where and at what price should I sell. I know I will loose money but want to get enough to buy myself another printer. I paid 600, I was thinking 250?

Thanks

John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.