Making Two iTunes Library Sync?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have two Macs at home, one is an iMac and the other a Macbook. Most of my music collection are on my iMac which I work with predominantly. However, I'd like to have both the iTunes libraries synched if possible.

I have searched through Google, and there are so many options floating around, and I have no idea which application is the best to do such a job.

Basically, what I want to do is to have my Macbook update the songs that my iMac has and my Macbook doesn't whenever I launch this application, or something along the lines of that.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
One option is to use Senuti, an application that allows you to take the music off your iPod and put it on your computer. You could take all the music from one computer and easily put it onto the other, eliminating the whole two libraries. This way, you would keep all of your music on one computer, and use that ONE library to update your ipod.

I'm not sure if thats exactly the kind of thing you wanted to do, but it might be easier than using 2 libraries.

Reaction score
you could always use an external hdd and have your music on your network that both computers can access and just have both itunes monitor that folder on your network drive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.