Problem with internet browsing

T

thebluemonkey

Hi!

I've got a problem, it seems that I can't access two websites anymore (google and crucial.com) and I don't know why? All of the other websites that I go are loading but not those two!

I was wondering if anyone of you knows what's happening and what to do. On my pc that was the kind of problem that was solve after I have run adaware or my anti-virus. But on my mac, maybe it's something else since as I read through different threads, there's is almost no viruses or spywares, adwares for mac! So my questions is: what it could be and I can resolve it!

thank's for your precious help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there are NO viruses, adware, or spyware. try emptying safaris cache. click Safari>empty cache.

Reaction score
Perhaps you should keep another browser around just in case one temporarily has a problem.

OP
T

thebluemonkey

Actually, I have firefox too and it didn't work as well on both sites.

I have tried to empty cache of Safari and that didn't work!

Both browsers tell me that either they can't reach de server or that time as running out!

Anyone can help me still loving my mac!

P.S: it seems like I always have the problem that no one can solve like my itunes problem still not sovle by the way (when I print a cd sleeve the name of the tracks didn't appear anymore!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
perhaps youre not typing it right? try typing the full address including the http://www. etc.
as far as that itunes problem, I never saw that post , but its most likely a font problem, you have the screen font, but not the printer font. or the colors youre using are affecting it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Are you on a network or router that may have additional internet blocks or limitations/firewall etc?

OP
T

thebluemonkey

I am on a router, but I'm using it since the beggining and I never got the problem. The only firewall that I'm using is the one integrated in mac osx and again I never had that problem before.

For the adress typing, I've tried to write the whole one but that didn't work too!

And by the way, about itunes, how can I change the font itunes is using because it's not the printer since the tracks name does'nt even appear on the preview.

So this is were I am with both and honestly the most important for me right now is my net problem, but feel free if you have some tricks on itunes too!

Again thank's for your precious help!

Reaction score
probably wont work,but try turning off the built in firewall ?

Sytem Preferences > Sharing > Firewall tab > Stop Button....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Much safer to by pass the router first. Any chance some one has made changes to it?

OP
T

thebluemonkey

I've tried to turn off the built in firewall, didn't work!

No one have touched the router and I've got the same problem when I plug directly my laptop to my cable modem so I don't think that it's the router!

Reaction score
I had what sounds like the same problem with my imac G5 after the motherboard and power supply where replaced, only it was with the Apple site, couldn't access it whatever I tried. But then I started getting permission problems all over the place. In the end I just re-installed OSX and it's all solved.

Anyway, have you tried deleting the cookies, running the maintenance scripts and disk utilities repair permissions ?

OP
T

thebluemonkey

I have tried to delete all cookies and disk utilities repair permissions (nothing resolve it) but I haven't done the maintenance scripts how can I do that?

OP
T

thebluemonkey

Good little app by the way, I was in search of something like that since I'm use to the defrag and everything on pc.

BUT, that didn't solve my problem!

Anyone had any idea how I can solve that **** problem!

thank's!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
does the built in google search in youur browser work? if so, why worry about that.

OP
K

Kokopelli

Try going to 137.201.245.23 (the address to crucial.com) and see if that opens. If it does try pinging crucial.com and see what address your DNS is resolving crucial to. Crucial took an excrutiatingly long time to load in Camino but loaded fairly quickly in Shiira, In my case I think it has something to do with the rendering of partially loaded pages in the gecko engine.

This hardly seems likely to be the problem for google but you might try the same experiment (the address for me is 216.239.37.99 )

OP
T

thebluemonkey

So first of all, the search bar didn't function!

Second, the ip adress does work for google but it didn't for crucial!

I need your help on how to ping them and what I should do with it!

thank's!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.