iCal Sync Question.

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trying to get it so that iCal is syned with google caledner, so if i am away from my computer but near a computer I can see what's going on. I want it so if i change something in iCal after a certain period (preferablly) it will update google calender based on the iCal changes. is this possible? I have been googling it for awhile, but have had no luck.... i tried publishing to google calender using https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[email protected]/user
this link but it did not work.

As well,
Is it possible if i have a samsung alias, to sync my iCal to my samsung alias through bluetooth, so i can avoid any verizon fees that may ensue?

Thanks,
Qua Sar

P.S. - I have os x 10.4 Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
What I have done is make the calendars in google first. Then you use caldav to import them on iCal. Then whatever changes you make in iCal will sync back to google.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What I have done is make the calendars in google first. Then you use caldav to import them on iCal. Then whatever changes you make in iCal will sync back to google.
This is what I've done. To ease the setup, you can use Calaboration to pull your gCal events down and add them to iCal. After doing that, adding an event to one will sync it with the other. If you do it this way, the events have to be in gCal first.

OP
Q
Reaction score
I tried to get calaboration and i could not find a tiger one. I will check out the link you gave me.. maybei missed it. I was hoping for a iCal to Gcal thing. But if i have to i guess i can use Gcal to iCal, although that may be counterproductive i'll have to look it over. Thanks for your advice guys.

Any ideas on the phone? Or since it's a not smart phone, probably not possible? That is my assumption, but i'm not too knowledgable about phones.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
I've been using Spanning Sync for a while now and it does an excellent job of syncing my Google contacts and calender to iCal and Address Book.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.