want to move the contents of a LOT of folders, but not the folders

Reaction score
question! is there a way to move the files within all folders and not move the actual folders? i have tons of music on an external HD and i want to move them onto my macbook pro. however, the way itunes organized them previously on my pc and how they are on my external is that each artist has a folder and each album has a folder in that artist folder. i really don't need any of that anymore and would just want them all in one large folder for my music. is there a program i can use to move only the actual files and no folders over automatically? i have thousands of these folders so i don't want to do this manually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Sounds to me like a Script might be the best method but i am no expert on that, so how about Automator - have you looked at that to see if you can set up the workflow in that, there are a number of available ones that should do the trick.

OP
R
Reaction score
oh, i just realized that the easiest way is sooo easy. i'm just importing into itunes on the macbook pro and setting up the itunes settings so it doesn't reorganize when i import. sorry for starting the topic!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.