Mac update screwed up the external resolution

Reaction score
Hi,

I have both MacPro and Macbook. Last week I updated OS 10.5 on both. In both cases my external screen resolution is completely messed up - it used to fill entire monitor, now it`s smaller - shortened. Tried different parameters - no good. I use DVI. Any suggestions what could happen?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have both MacPro and Macbook. Last week I updated OS 10.5 on both. In both cases my external screen resolution is completely messed up - it used to fill entire monitor, now it`s smaller - shortened. Tried different parameters - no good. I use DVI. Any suggestions what could happen?

There is a third tab in the display preferences on 10.5.7 that allows for turning overscan on or off. Try messing with that.

Reaction score
Something similar happened to me in March - updated my MacBook Pro and screwed the TV resolution. I also lost the option of overscan. I got DisplayConfigX but couldn't get anything close to what it was before. (and no-one answered my begging post here!!)

Then three days ago the computer updated again... and back to normal. Sorry I can't offer any constructive advice except to wait till the next update?! I hope you don't have to wait as long as me.

Reaction score
Me too

Ha all

This same problem has just happened to me. Today 2/7/09 i plugged my LG tv in which i also use as an external monitor and my native resolution will not translate over to the tv. I use a MacbookPro 1440x900 resolution and I did a software update yesterday and this morning now it doesnt work.

Im so frustrated, ive tried everything (deleting preference files/different resolution software/rebooting/etc) but with no joy. 1440x900 just isnt in my options for that monitor anymore.

Im now using osx 10.5.7

It worked fine about three days ago and for a year before that.

Any help at all would be great. Im just gutted at the moment.

Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.