Macbook Buying Suggestion

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am interested in buying a Macbook. Now i would prefer for it to be new since i cant really rely on the second hand ones but how would i go about buying second hand ones and what would be your suggestion... i am looking for a 600$ top price range as i want to try out the lower end macbooks since this is my first time buying them ...

Which macbook would you suggest to me and should i buy second hand or new ones and if i am to buy second hand ones how to ensure if they are working correctly? Pay by paypal and then use their refund policy if its not working? Can someone let me know of the options available and if this is not going offtopic... how to recognize scams and how to know which one is real? ( on ebay there are ratings but sometimes some people have good ratings but the price was too good to be true... i mean 1$ for an iphone =\ so the whole rating system is kinda unreliable so... )

Also i am outside of the states but would pay for extra shipping costs... Please let me know if there are some options... Thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
core i7 15" macbook pro
just buy new....its a mac, you wont regret it

Reaction score
You can always try a refurbished. Although not much off they are (i believe) still a couple hundred off. As well, if you want to just try out a mac you could always get a used powerbook from this site at the buy/trade area. I have not bought there myself, i bought my mac core duo refurbished a few years back, and i've had no issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Unibody
I just bought my MBP from Craigslist seller. This was lucky for me as the box was still sealed. I took it to the Apple Store and had them help me set it up and register it. It was more than 600$ but less than the 2100$ at the store. Check Craigslist and you'll find some deals. (Buyer beware). I saw some 2 year old MBP's for about 800$ or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.