Mail.app (trying) to open randomly

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Hey everyone,

I have an issue that I just can't solve. I've tried searching everywhere and tried a few of my own solutions but can't seem to figure this one out.

So, every once in a while, Mail.app will try to open randomly. I say "try randomly" because I got rid of it a while ago and now I am simply presented with this dialog randomly:
random_open.png

I have tried quite a few things, including running through OnyX and deleting ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.mail. I'm a little stumped as to why this is happening. Any ideas?

If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask. I'm running 10.5.7 but this happened with 10.5.6.

Thanks!

OP
vansmith

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Please, someone give me the dunce cap. I had forgotten that iCal was set to email me reminders of upcoming events and it use Mail to do this.

iCal had been synced with GCal and I had assumed that only GCal was set to email reminders, not both GCal and iCal. So, this was my fault for not putting two and two together.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.