Safari Tab Question

Reaction score
hey guys, how can i get safari to open links on the page with a new tab? i have been through the preferences to no avail, thanks in advance

Reaction score
Also try clicking the mouse wheel on the link.
Or right-click on link and select "open in new tab".

Reaction score
alright thanks guys, i guess there is no way to make it happen automatically

If you are using a notebook you can't get anymore automatic than "command click". I use the 2 finger scroll (first 2 fingers) and that leaves my ring finger to press "control, option or command" as needed and click with my thumb. With a desktop keyboard and a mouse you can use "command + Left click" or right click and select the option to Open in a New Tab, either way will open a new tab. Doesn't take long to get use to and becomes automatic with out thinking. This way I can "Open a new window, Open a new Tab or go to next page in same window", whatever I want without slowing down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Hey guys, how's the navigation between tabs? In Safari 3 I used to cmd+right/cmd+left to switch between tabs, but I'm afraid it's not working in Safari 4. Any help?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Control-Tab will move between tabs or Control-Shift-Tab to go the other way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
If you follow the directions in my post here, it will force Safari to open "new window" links in a new tab instead

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.