Mac book 2ghz 2gb ram - sufficient for music?

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a used MacBook. I believe it was purchased in 2007. White shell. 2Ghz, 2GB, cure duo processor. I'd like to use it to record guitar - will it be powerful enough to handle this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
i have a powerbook which is an older model of a macbook pro, mine was used to edit music, the original owner was a dj, all the programs work fine, you shouldnt have a problem either

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks, although the model i am thinking of buying is not a macbook pro, its just a plain vanilla macbook, and I think it was probably the most basic model macbook that was available in 2007.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
thanks, although the model i am thinking of buying is not a macbook pro, its just a plain vanilla macbook, and I think it was probably the most basic model macbook that was available in 2007.

either way its fine, i prefer a bigger screen, 13" is kinda tiny for me but thats just personal preference. i have proppelerheads reason or something like that, it runs perfect on my powerbook, which has a 1.67ghz proccesor, im sure yours will have more so urs should run fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yea, it'll work fine. That's a newer computer and probably almost as powerful as my old G5 tower, and that tower served me extremely well. My new aluminum macbook (much newer than yours, obviously, but the white MB you're thinking of getting is about between where my new MB and old tower were as far as power goes) serves me really well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.