Default iPhoto Folder Location?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4GHz iMac, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HD
Village Idiot question - When you import photos directly from a camera into iPhoto, where do they end up? I can see them, in their respective event in iPhoto, but can't find them in Finder?

Help!!!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
~/Pictures/iPhoto Library. If you need actual access to the files, right click it and click "Show Package Contents" or just copy and paste them from iPhoto to a folder somewhere.

OP
Jinpa88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4GHz iMac, 2Gb RAM, 250Gb HD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
You should also be aware that if you make any changes to the files themselves outside of iPhoto you will have to reimport them. iPhoto will will not keep track of the changes an loose contact with file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
That is correct -- Apple "hid" that file so that users would not corrupt their iPhoto by going into the library in finder. Best to stay out of there until and unless you fully understand exactly how iPhoto works and handles your photos. Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app itself and you will be fine.

Reaction score
I have my photos in my documents and can open them individually. But I want to access them all together like I used to but I don't know how? Anybody

Reaction score
Can't you have your photos in both iPhoto and the Pictures folder?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.