Issue with Wireless Keyboard

Reaction score
I was changing fresh batteries on my wireless keyboard, and in the process, I might have accidentally disabled the bluetooth enabler. (I am not sure)

I walked away, and when i returned back, my iMac was restarted.

Now, I am struck, unable to key in password to login, as I can not key in!
Oops.

I looked at the back of the wireless keyboard, when i turn on the switch, there is this little green light, which keeps flashing for a while - which makes me think that, it's trying to pair up with the mac, but failing.

Any suggestions on how to get past this?

I don't have a wired keyboard. I will try to get one, if there is no other means to get past this.

I am on 10.4 Tiger (sep 2006 i believe).

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
yes u may well be stuck as you need to access the menu bar at least to browse for bluetooth devices to connect. Seems most ways of avoiding the wireless keyboard involve a wired one to change settings. I have used a wireless keyboard for years but have a wired older spare just for that type of problem.

Reaction score
I agree with the above post. Borrow any USB keyboard to get in and just change the settings back.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yep, I plugged in a DELL USB keyboard, and Viola, I was able to keyin to login.

As soon as I pluggedin, iMac prompted a screen, saying it needed to recognize this keyboard, and kept on doing that..

Meanwhile, i punched few keys, and recognized its working.

The keyboard recog' was still running, I Canceled it, and Logged in.

The bluetooth device manager was On. But I had to run the pairing up process all over, and that way got the bluetooth keyboard finally recognized.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.