• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

.mov to .flv converter

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a mac friendly .mov to .flv video converter program. I also need a watermark function. producing my own videos to publish to a website I am creating. Don't want to use youtube services if I can help it. Searching apple help and quicktime pro help, quicktime pro withj perian does not do this, doesn't recognize the format in or out. Using final cut express and it doesn't output to (save as) flv (flash video format). With all the hubbub about the mac environment being so graphicly superior, all my searchiong has not found a clean, quick way to do what is such a popular and needed service. I wish a mac developer would create the software to do this in one package that I would pay good money for. I have learned a lot through this process, and I can help anyone with similar questions.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g4 12"
Try mpeg streamclip it is free and is a very reliable converter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.