• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone & iPod Rumours wrapped up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I like the idea of a black front bezel and a matte finish. The silver bezel is a nice accent, but for some reason I just want an all black beauty.

As for the rumors of a glowing Apple (not mentioned in the article) I think it would just be like showing off too much and a waste of energy. I suppose they could have on/off capability, but that would just make people using it even more douchey.

Other than a new look, there's not a whole lot that excites me about the new version. I rarely use the camera for photos and the other minor things like a compass isn't interesting. Now, if they make it so turn-by-turn nav is only available, I would be very annoyed, but more interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
on their computers the apple glowing is just using light from the back of the screen show their is no energy waste it was already being used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
I prefer the gloss finish. adds a classier touch. matte makes it look too cheap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
to get a glossy finish you could always buy invisible shield for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
to get a glossy finish you could always buy invisible shield for it.

true, but thats more hassle also from what i've seen not many people can get a super smooth finish with the invisible shield

Reaction score
I want them to use their new aliminum tech that they have. The one that they used for macbooks. That would be so sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I want them to use their new aliminum tech that they have. The one that they used for macbooks. That would be so sweet.

I admit that would be cool, but it would be a bit of an overkill for a phone tho

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Looks like it ended up keeping the same look. Oh well, still looks pretty darn good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I do wish they changed the design, not that I dislike the design and look of the iPhone but it would be nice if they changed it up a bit. I have the first gen iPhone and I think I actually might upgrade to the iPhone 3GS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I do wish they changed the design, not that I dislike the design and look of the iPhone but it would be nice if they changed it up a bit. I have the first gen iPhone and I think I actually might upgrade to the iPhone 3GS.

I agree. I was really looking forward to a new design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
Don't Believe Rumours !!!

I think there are many people who are dissapointed by the iPhone 3GS. There were such big rumours:

Thinner phone
OLED Screen
Front Facing Camera
Camera showing in front whilst texting
FM Transmitter
etc.

The only leaked rumours that were true were:
Compass
Video Camera
Faster.

Also, why are Apple advertising the iPhone 3GS as having cut copy paste, spotlight search etc as if it is exclusive to the iPhone 3GS when it isn't?

I hope there will be a BIG update next year. Come ideas,

Smaller
OLED Screen
Running APPS in background (e.g. playing the radio and playing a game)
Different Design

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Also, why are Apple advertising the iPhone 3GS as having cut copy paste, spotlight search etc as if it is exclusive to the iPhone 3GS when it isn't?

Seriously?

Where have they ever said "Copy and Page availably only on the iPhone." Everybody knows it's not exclusive to only the iPhone. TONs of other phones have it. We FINALLY have it that's why it's being promoted.

Give me a break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
^ I think Thekris1234 means Apple might be confusing people that ONLY the 3GS has it and not the other models. Similar to something like video recording that is exclusive outside of the 3.0 update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac tower, G4?
Looks pretty good, i liked the part about the new nano having a camera, it needs one badly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.