Screen has gone dark in under a week help!

N

nadeem

My new iBook - about a week old has dimmed the screen - can't see why I haven't changed any settings and it's the same whether the power is plugged in or not...was okay last night, when I booted up this morning - very dark screen...anyone help ... :eek:neye:

OP
I

iDVFH.

This may sound stupid but did you just brighten with F2? and also if it's on energy saver it goes darker if you dont touch it for like a minute..

but if it's a problem a light might have burnt out..send that badboy back if you can't fix it yourself...just return it fully and buy a whole new one if it's been under 10 days i think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Lol! That happened to me, once, a long time ago...

OP
I

iDVFH.

That's pretty funny cause in some cases that's true..but it goes for Windows users as well..Once a new iPod is announced they flock to the stores and buy it..

OP
N

nadeem

In London it has become extremely common to see the white headphones on every second person on the Tube, Trains & buses...

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Yea, everytime I go to the Regent Street store, most of the people queuing up to buy things are just buying earphones! The earphones probably cost more than their MP3 players too, lol. When I get an iPod soon (still can't decide between 1GB Shuffle and 4GB Mini), I'm gonna be using my black Panasonic earphones instead. Those white iPod ones are asking for you to be mugged I tell you!

OP
C

CBJzarace

Haha, that link is funny but true...

mangoSharingan, get the 4GB Mini.

--
CBJzarace

Reaction score
mangoSharingan said:
Those white iPod ones are asking for you to be mugged I tell you!

The iPod ear phones are one of the best things about the product as they have Neodymium transducer magnets in them but your right as muggers in london are apparently on the look out for white ear buds. :ninja:

OP
I

iDVFH.

As good as neodymium is..there made horrible..my right earphone blew a month after i got it and then the left went about a week after..the white wrapping actually loosened and the red and blue wiring is exposed..that's what made me get my new mini cause if i was paying 40 dollars for new earphones i might as spend $160 (actually it wasnt a good reason..i just had to make up one so id feel better about it lolol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook, 1.7 G4, 10.3.6
I love the ipod headphones, best sound i've heard. I'm cheap though so they are probably the most expensive hedaphones i've ever owned. I use them all the time except when downtown Los Angeles then i switch over to a black pair.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.