Deleted Elements 6 by dragging to trash, Oh Dear!!

Reaction score
Hi All,

After waiting patiently for the new upgraded Mac Mini I took the plunge with a 4 Gig. Everything is brilliant and I am glad I made the switch from MS. Then a problem (my fault) I was using the downloaded trial version of Elements 6, liked it and bought a copy of the software. The trial version wouldn't accept the number from the boxed version so I deleted the trial by dragging to the trash. Then I emptied the trash.

Now I cant load the new software, I am guessing because there are fragments of the trial version in the system. I now know I should have uninstalled and not dragged to trash.

Is there anything I can do to retrieve the situation?

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

Cheers

Teedub

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Sorry, just re-read what you wrote. So, you can't install the CD software ? In Spotlight, do a search for Elements. And where ever things come up, go to where they are and delete them. It's likely that there certainly are fragments of it left in the library folders and such.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You could reinstall the trial version, then uninstall it (if it has an uninstaller).

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Reinstalled the trial and then uninstalled.

That did the trick.

Lesson learned!!

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.