iPod photo startup time? 20+GB of Music?

C

crisrose

Hi all

I've looking to jack my iRiver H140 in for a 60GB iPod photo.

One of the reasons is the totally ridiculous startup time on the iRiver of over 2 minutes with 20GB of music on it!

So if i get an iPod photo, and whack a load of choons on it, how fast (or slow!) can i expect it to greet me?

Cheers all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the ipods, even loaded with photos and music, dont have a startup time, you push a button, and its there. any button on the ipod turns it on, so you can touch any button and BAm, theres your stuff.:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
there is no turning off of the ipod, only sleeping IIRC. sometimes when waking her up when really low on battery it takes my ipod a little bit to start up, but nothing too long

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
After a set period of time, the iPod goes into a deep sleep, which takes about 45 seconds to "reboot" basically, otherwise it goes to sleep and when you wake it, it's instant.

OP
I

iDVFH.

My 3G iPod is like cracked out lol..it does commands that I don't even ask it do..like one time I put on a song from the Recently Played section and when it started to play it literally clicked by itself and went into 90's music and played a song from there..lolol

OP
C

crisrose

i was hoping people would say something like that :cool:

I may have 16 hours battery on my current iRiver, but i am sure i spend 5 hours of that waiting for it to start up!!

15 hours on the iPod photo sounds good to me, as does the extra 20Gb. And it's still slimmer than my current....

Mmmm iTunes syncing, oh how i've longed for you...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.