Can't see my NTFS partition

Reaction score
Alright, so I have Windows 7 RC1 installed on a 30 gig NTFS partition and now, OSX cannot see it at all - despite having Macfuse and paragonNTFS installed! When I open up disk utility to see what's up, it reads as 'disk0s3' and it says its MS-DOS (FAT32). I cannot verify or repair it. I can't even verify or repair when I boot into disk utility from the mac OSX installer DVD! Windows 7 RC1 has MacDrive installed, and all privileges work, even. I've never had this problem before - anyone know what it could be and how I could solve it?

Thanks! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If Disk Utility says the volume is FAT32, then it cannot also be an NTFS volume also. I'm also not sure why you have MacFUSE installed... Paragon NTFS doesn't require it afaik (NTFS-3G, a free alternative to Paragon NTFS, does). I'm also not clear why "it reads as 'disk0s3'". That's how Unix and Linux id a drive and partition, but Disk Utility, afaik, doesn't display it like that. Also, that id suggests you have 3 partitions, not 2.

Look in Disk Utility, exactly how many partitions DO you have? And how are they labeled? Are you currently able to boot into Windows? If not, have you ever been able to?

OP
X
Reaction score
Paragon has faster transfer speeds. I can boot into Windows and it says it's NTFS. Confusing, eh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.