• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Free video converter for my itouch?

Reaction score
hey guys, Ive been looking for a free converter that will take my videos (avi. wmv. mov. ect....) and convert them into a format that works on my 2g i touch.

what is out there????

thanks in advance

tj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook g4 12"
mpeg streamclip will convert to h264 and it is free and very reliable

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could also take a look at Handbrake. It has an iPod preset (amongst others) which makes it handy for encoding video for the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You could also take a look at Handbrake. It has an iPod preset (amongst others) which makes it handy for encoding video for the iPod.

I was going to mention that Handbrake is only for DVDs, but after checking the site, it looks as though the latest version is no longer limited to just DVDs. In light of that, I wholeheartedly agree with this recommendation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.