Speakers rattling on uni MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
This is my 2nd new mbp as of 3 days ago, and the speakers are rattling! I took it to apple for them to check it out. They fiddled with it for about 5 minutes and the rattling went away...along with some of the sound because it CLEARLY sounded like it was muffled/muted. They said it seems fine and that I should go home and check it some more. They blamed the griffin elevator for making the speakers pop/vibrate.....LAME!!!!!!! So, the second I get home, I moved the griffin out of the way, check some songs out on both itunes and youtube....to only hear the same rattling!!

Does anyone have this problem??

I went from a mbp with great speakers and a problem with the curved screen, to a perfect fit and finish mbp with messed up speakers!! It's only natural to be a little ticked off!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When speakers rattle it's usually because the mounts are loose or the speakers themselves are defective.

Griffin Elevator? You're right, a lame excuse. Go back to the Apple store and tell them the rattling is back and you would like it repaired or resolved. Talk to the manager of the store if necessary.

Regards.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I took it back and they replaced it with a new one(third time now!)
This time though, I had backed up my musics(and other stuff) on an external drive and took it with me. I opened the new MBP in the store and played some songs.....................well, well, what do you know!?!??!? THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!! They said that I couldn't get my full refund back because I had already returned it before. I would be lying if I said I was frustrated only a little. But then, the nicest manager I have ever met came up to me. Her name was Debby, by the way. She recognized that I buy lots of apple stuff form her store and gladly refunded all of my money...all $2xxx:) Now I am writing from my new uni MB(yes, MB not MBP!!!) and also have a brand new ipod touch....which is for sale on the for sale threads.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All is well that ends well. Glad you got it resolved. :)

Regards.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I have learned one thing. There are apple reps who don't know anything and don't care about their customers, and there are the smart reps. They know everything and realize that the customer's happiness is the most important to them!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you saying that more than 2 machines all made that same buzzing sound? Just curious.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Are you saying that more than 2 machines all made that same buzzing sound? Just curious.

yes! every single one on in the store(the 15" MBP)! The manager was shocked! It's a rattling/popping noise coming from the speakers. The only reason why i noticed this problem is because the first uni MBP I had didn't have this problem. The 13" doesn't have this problem(!), which is why I switched to it...and I am very happy so far. It also made my wallet heavier because I will be saving about 700 bucks(compared to the mbp) when all the rebates and such come back. I got the $1599/$1499(student) model. I will wait for Christmas to pick up a mbp or a mac pro. OSX was too good to not try another apple computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.