Key doesn't work/Buying keyboard

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Well, in attempt to fix my h key (because it was sticking) I somehow managed to break it. I'm copying and pasting the letter for now, but it's so inconvenient. I have a Macbook and since h is a key I use a lot (wouldn't be fussed if it was a key I don't use often), copying and pasting the letters will become tiresome. I'm not really sure how to solve this and I thought I had a USB keyboard lying around, but guess not. So I'm going to purchase an external keyboard unless anyone has other suggestions.

I'm running version 10.4.11 (Tiger, still). I was looking at the keyboards on apple's website.. the wireless one uses bluetooth, which I've never used before. Should I have any problems if I decide to go with that? The external "Apple Keyboard" (not wireless) notes a minimum requirement of v10.5.6 or later, which I obviously do not have. I'm comfortable with what I've been using and do not really wanna upgrade. But why does using a keyboard require that version?

Any other suggestions for a keyboard? Yeah, I feel kind of silly using a MacBook and an external keyboard, but I also think I no longer have warranty. I'm not so computer-savvy (regarding hardware, specs, etc) so I pass on really updating my mac. I'd just like to know which keyboard to order and wanna place it tonight as I have a paper to write by Monday. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for reading this novel. Sorry if any of this is unclear.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry, thanks for moving it to the right forum.

I thought about that, but always worry I'll mess up something. I'll consider it as an alternative, though. Thanks for the links.

Reaction score
There are some nice guides inline for taking it apart and replacing the keboard. I wouldn't think it would be overly difficult. Just take your time and have a nice flat clean workspace.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.