customizing a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
i have a powerbook g4, what do you guys do to "customize" your mac? both software wise and hardware, im looking to make it unique. i already have Shapeshifter but im running leopard and im having problems installing tiger again. not to worry tho, as soon as i get tiger, shapeshifter will be up and running. i heard of people painting the apple in the back, is that a good idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
go here and design your own skin with your own graphics and then you will be unique or at least your mac will be ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13" (2009) 4 GB RAM
Well I'm not sure if you're more into appearance or what, but the Quicksliver app allows you to customize hotkeys for different actions. Adium is also a much more customizable chat application than iChat. Electric Sheep is a pretty cool screen saver, too.

Those are my two cents. I'm sure there is much, much more that I don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
ooh for app uniqueness you have to check out My Living Desktop. i am not sure what the trial offers but the full version has about 15 or so scenes.

you basically have a moving scene as your desktop and it is not noticeable repeated over and over but very well done.

on my 2.0GHz iMac with this running you can see just a touch of processor being used when checked with iStat menus and little ram or not enough to be noticed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13" (2009) 4 GB RAM
*bump*

I'm interested too.

OP
Snapple Lover
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
allright, i tried most of the things above, none of them really stood out, the cover is for a macbook pro only, i have a 17" powerbook. i know its the same but i dont like those little holes there for no reason. the living desktop lags on my computer for some reason, again i have a g4, the requirement is a g5. nayone elses have any ideas

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.