Mini Upgrades -Any Clues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
I want a mac mini
but i dont think the 256 entry ram or the radeon 32mb is gunna do it for me.

i have a 128mb Radeon on a pc but i dislike pcs and want a mac.
im gunna wait till they upgrade the mini to 512 entry and i betta card or at least more video memory.
i know they just came out but i know alot of people who will buy the next edition.

Do you guys have any idea when the upgrade will be?

Thanks

Reaction score
It'll be awhile before apple's cheapest system will have a 128mb video card. Upgrading to 512mb can be really cheap if you buy the ram aftermarket. You might want to look at an iMac or Powermac.

T

trioxin 245

hello.

i am thinking of buying a mac mini as i have a g4 450 agp and wish to upgrade my processor and ram, but it will cost me almost as much as a mac mini outright and i'll have better bus speeds on the mini. so i have a few questions that i haven't been able to find answered in any of the other mac mini posts...

is is possible via switchs or etc to run two crt monitors in extended desktop mode off the video card supplied in the mac mini?

how easy is it and what can be upgraded by the owner at home on the mac mini? can i replace the hd/burner/ram by myself? i am knowlegable in the areas of doing so but was just wondering whether the way the mac mini has been designed would it require a certified tech to install it?

thanks already to all who reply. much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
trioxin 245 said:
is is possible via switchs or etc to run two crt monitors in extended desktop mode off the video card supplied in the mac mini?

how easy is it and what can be upgraded by the owner at home on the mac mini? can i replace the hd/burner/ram by myself? i am knowlegable in the areas of doing so but was just wondering whether the way the mac mini has been designed would it require a certified tech to install it?

No, it's not possible to attach 2 monitors (CRT or TFT) to the Mac mini. It only has a simple DVI-I connector.

The only upgrade that is user-installable is changing the memory. Everything else will void the warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs yet
trioxin 245 said:
hello.

i am thinking of buying a mac mini as i have a g4 450 agp and wish to upgrade my processor and ram, but it will cost me almost as much as a mac mini outright and i'll have better bus speeds on the mini. so i have a few questions that i haven't been able to find answered in any of the other mac mini posts...

thanks already to all who reply. much appreciated.

Hey punk. Why ya steal my name? It isn't Trioxin-245 anyway. It is 245-Trioxin. Go back and watch "return of the living dead" again. Anyways, cool name. You must be a zombie fan too.

F

flyingpostman

Pattay said:
I want a mac mini
but i dont think the 256 entry ram or the radeon 32mb is gunna do it for me.

i have a 128mb Radeon on a pc but i dislike pcs and want a mac.
im gunna wait till they upgrade the mini to 512 entry and i betta card or at least more video memory.
i know they just came out but i know alot of people who will buy the next edition.

Do you guys have any idea when the upgrade will be?

Thanks

What are you going to do on the mac mini that the 32 MB video ram can't handle? The mini isn't powerful enough to run any game (there arn't many anyway for the mac) that requires more anyway. I also doubt that you are going to attach a 30" Cinema display to it or do any really heavy graphics editing. So again, please tell me what you can't do with the mini. The ram is a cheap upgrade.

T

trioxin 245

245_Trioxin said:
Hey punk. Why ya steal my name? It isn't Trioxin-245 anyway. It is 245-Trioxin. Go back and watch "return of the living dead" again. Anyways, cool name. You must be a zombie fan too.

lol. i swear i didn't see your id first. now i can be a ***** and ppl will think it's you ;). anyway, you got it wrong too if it's actually 245-Trioxin ;)

thanks to all who replied. no mac mini for me then. i need two crts and can't afford a 30inch cinema. seems to me like the whole project was to just move some processors laying around.

Reaction score
trioxin 245 said:
seems to me like the whole project was to just move some processors laying around.

yes, but they did it with style. :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.