another spillage question

Reaction score
Hi,
Here's the situation. My cat managed to spill filtered water onto my MacBook while I was in the shower. Came back to find the MacBook already shut off. Was plugged in at the time of the spill. I pressed the power button in a panic before I started thinking straight but the computer didn't seem to even try to power up.
Coming to my senses, I unplugged it, took the battery out and it has been in front of a fan since last night.

Does Apple have some sort of water detection automatic shut off? Or does the fact that it wouldn't turn on in my moment of manic mean that it has already short circuited?

Thanks,
Maktoub

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
i dont think that apple has anything of that sort,DO NOT TURN IT ON, it will make the spill affect your computer even more. your best bet is taking it apart,cleaning it with rubbing alcohol and putting he boards in a bowl of rice for a week, the rice will suck the moisture out but i dont know how much u will be able to save :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.